Sometimes, one just can’t help but wonder: do videos need to be viral for them to be deemed a success? For WebVideoCrew, the answer is “No!” However, we can’t deny the fact that the viral video effects can certainly contribute to a video producer’s great success, pretty much like how a plane ride can bring you to your overseas destination much faster than a ship can. For that very reason, we want to introduce you to an advertising platform that promises to make viral videos out of your productions! Welcome Virool!
What is Virool?
Virool is basically a self-service video advertising platform. If you have a YouTube video you want to promote and, consequently, turn viral, then this might be the perfect site for you.
Launched just last March 2012, Virool has already acquired a massive following. Currently, it’s being used by individuals, such as athletes and musicians, wanting more exposure and multinational companies, like Sony and Pepsi, hoping to get their videos along the levels of “Gangnam Style” and “Harlem Shake.”
What’s So Great about Video Advertising via Virool?
Now, the real question comes: How is Virool any different from its competitors and will it really make your videos viral? Well, let us give you some insights on the answers:
Creating your video ads with Virool is as easy as counting 1, 2, 3. Here are the basic steps you need to take:
- Sign up for an account.
- Specify the YouTube video you want to use.
- Set your maximum budget.
- Identify your target demographic by choosing an age group, gender, location, and platform.
- Sit back and relax as the views, likes, and comments flows in.
Where will your videos be published and who will be able to see it?
- Social networks such Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Tagged, and MySpace.
- Populated websites and blogs like MTV and Meez.
- Mobile apps released through Android, iOS, DeNA, and Rovio.
Unless your company is as big as Intel or Colgate, you’ll have to be wary and wise when it comes to the price you pay. Fortunately, with Virool, you have total control over how much you spend. Basically:
- Virool employs a bidding system like Google AdWords. That means, the higher your bid is, the greater your video’s chances of being shown to people first.
- If your bid wins, the CPC you’ll pay will only be a cent more than the second highest bidder. That is, even if your bid is $100 per click, if the second highest bidder only set $1 per click, you only have to pay $1.01 per click.
- You can start a campaign with just $10, and simply add funds at your convenience.
- Common budget for brands using Virool ranges between $70,000 and $100,000
As you can see, Virool is doubtlessly enticing, what with its simple instructions and flexible terms. If you want your videos to turn into viral videos and jump start your way toward success, then you might want to give this advertising platform a try. Don’t forget to share your experience with us, though, once you do!
Tags: YouTube Marketing Video Marketing Hints and Tips for Webmasters Online Marketing